Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Brief report

Hello,
I have been without a computer for days, I am having withdrawals!! Not really.

I am still with my Dad, he is trying to adjust, but he has to rethink his whole life at this point. He and Mom really didn't have any thing big planned, just living with each other and the comfort and companionship of one another. With a trip here and there. So things seem pretty bleak and lonely for him right now. I had lots of plans in my head too......of how maybe we could all take trips together when Mike retired and have some more fun times. We still can with Dad, just have to adjust our thinking and only time will help with that. I am not sure how long I will be here, Luke is trying to make arrangements so he can come and stay with Dad for a while, he will try and get a job in this area, as he needs to keep busy as well. Someone shared this with me today, and it seemed very special, so thought I would share it with you all:

I am standing upon the seashore,
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean...
An object of strength and beauty I watch her until she is only a white cloud where the sea and sky mingle

Then someone at my side say, "There- she's gone!"

Gone? Gone where?
Gone from my sight, that's all.
She is just as complete as when she left my side, and just as able to bear her precious freight to the place of her destination. Her diminished appearance is in me-not her her.
And at the very moment when someone says...."there she is gone!" other voices shout with gladness, "Here she comes!"

That is death. Death is only a horizon, and a horizon is just the limit of our sight.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm thinking about you and all your family Denise! It's been months since I've seen your blog, and I've just updated myself. I had heard about your Mother's illness and passing though. I do appreciate that poem too. Love what your Dad said about her teaching him how to love. A big hug from me. emilee